5 Steps to a Great Onboarding Plan (and why it's vital for SMEs)
Posted on 5th November 2021 at 08:06
Onboarding, at a first glance, can sound like a new fad, another trendy word in the word of employee engagement. But, like most great ideas, it isn’t new – it just used to be known by another name – perhaps you know it as an induction and training plan.
And it’s more vital than ever for SMEs, who must fight hard to find and keep good people.
Here are 5 reasons why you need an Onboarding Plan before you hire:
1. Shorten the training period and increase productivity. Surely every manager's goal is to have their new employee up, running and effective in the shortest possible time - the onboarding process is the key!
2. Promote communication and encourage buddies and mentors. Why? High-performing organisations are nearly 2.5 times more likely than their lower-performing counterparts to encourage mentoring during the onboarding process. Most SMEs have a core team of highly experienced, valued employees – allow them to mentor others and pass on their knowledge, and skills.
3. Improve job satisfaction and retention. Over the next few months and years, the battle for talent will shift from acquisition. Savvy businesses will be ahead of this curve by developing highly effective onboarding plans [https://theundercoverrecruiter.com/top-hr-challenges-warn-hiring-managers-attract-recruit-retain-best/]
4. Reduce management and staff stress. When employees have the tools and knowledge and expectations communicated from the beginning, they are more likely to be on task, on time and on par with company standards.
5. Attract top talent. With an easy – yet robust – plan, you’ll be able to attract top talent with the proper training and development opportunities.
An effective employee onboarding plan isn’t a fad. Real businesses have experienced these 5 benefits and more with onboarding plans that fit their team and their culture.
What’s the reality faced by new employees when they join your business?
If you think your onboarding plan could do with an overhaul, we can help. View our package below and get in touch today.
Share this post: